Our mission is to connect the world’s nearly 3 billion people who do not have reliable access to the internet.
Curvalux is an award-winning innovative manufacturer of technology and connectivity products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse group of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. At Curvalux, you’ll have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and we give to the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too.
We are hiring and building the foundation for our next growth stage. As the Radio System Engineer for Curvalux, you will play a pivotal role in driving our new fixed wireless access products to connect people around the globe.
In this role, you will be positioned as technical lead for system design, integration, as well as other considerations. Here’s what you’ll do when you join us:
- As one of our leaders, you’ll help define and lead the system design and integration of the new 5GNR and WiFi 7 mm-wave platform
- Define and integrate multi-disciplinary phased array and radio systems, including top land detailed low level
- Define and integrate high level hardware, radio-related firmware, and software requirements
- Participate with our design teams, external vendors and our partners in implementation, definition requirements and decision-making
- Analyze and suggest architecture alternatives for various strategic projects
- Understand, engage and analyze with customer needs and market trends
- Provide active support for field trials, customer surveys, technical support, and production processes
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- B.Sc in Electrical Engineering
- At least 8-10 years of combined experience as a System Engineer, RF designer and hands-on experience in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience with high level and detailed radio and telecom system design
- Experience in high level definition of SW, HW, and FW requirements and accompany design teams
- Experience in phased array systems, RF system design and technologies, mixed signals
- Experience with multi-disciplinary products/systems, test equipment and automation
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork, ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Self-learner. Ability to guide and support other engineers, lead tasks, integration team and customer field trials
- Hands on, willing to roll-up sleeves
- Creative, innovative, able to absorb and share knowledge and ideas
- Managerial skills
- Must be eligible to work in UK
This role is based in Sheffield, UK. For the right candidate, we will consider offering 2 days remote per week.
Curvalux designs, manufactures, and implements cutting edge wireless broadband technologies, offering solutions that are connecting the unconnected around the world. Curvalux delivers higher capacity, lower power consumption, and longer range to reach consumers in both rural and urban areas thanks to its innovative systems and carrier-grade processes.
The company has developed advanced multibeam antenna systems both in the unlicensed sub-6GHz band as well as in the mmWave frequencies. Curvalux is currently developing a patented proprietary mobile repeater technology that will allow existing mobile base stations to dramatically increase its mobile network capacity up to 100x while significantly reducing overall investment and recurring expenses.
The products, solutions, and services provided by Curvalux will reduce carbon footprint, improve the telecommunications network performance, and reduce operators’ CAPEX and OPEX.
Curvalux is the winner of numerous awards including, Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) Best Wi-Fi for Social Impact award, Connected Britain Startup of the Year Awards, Africa Tech Festival, WCA World Communication Award, and recently completed an acquisition of Cambridge Broadband Networks Group.
For more information, please visit https://curvalux.com/
To apply for this role, send an email with the subject heading “Radio System Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below: